- LogExpert is an open source project that aims to create a set of tools and reusable modules for working with Windows event logs (reading, listing, filters, monitoring, recording, etc.).
- It is written in VC++ using Windows SDK, MFC, and other specific libraries.
- Windows 2k, XP, Vista and Windows 7
- Simultaneous vizualization of records from different logs("Application", "System", etc).
- Filtering records by different criteria (source, type, computer name, etc).
- Ascending or descending sorting of records.
- Selection and ordering of display fields (sourse, type, computer name, etc).
- Disk persistance of filtering criteria, sorting options and other user settings.
- Fast reading of records with a minimum memory consumption.